- GRADE 6/7 LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
- KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION – SEPTEMBER 2019
- MAKER SPACE – WE NEED LEGO AND…
- IMAGES FROM THE WEEK
- PAC NEWS
The senior leaders in grade 6 & 7 are being introduced to a new leadership program at Cambridge. Based on our “ALL STAR” theme, students can join one of four leadership departments (School Spirt, Technology, Athletics, Reaching Out) that are being facilitated by school staff. We look forward to great things from our senior leaders at Cambridge this year.
Cambridge Elementary is turning our Learning Lab into a MakerSpace. What is it you might be asking? It is a space for students to design, create, innovate, problem solve, hypothesize, and “Make” things that they are interested in exploring.
We are asking our community for help to outfit our MakerSpace, If you have any of the following items and would like to donate them to our program, please drop them off at the office:
- Arts & Crafts Supplies – knitting, croquet needles, yarn, cotton fabric, buttons, fabric scissors, ribbon, needle point, embroidery hoops, etc.
- Lego – we have started a LEGO Club in our Learning Lab and would welcome any donations or Lego that your are looking to pass on.
- Building sets/collections – If you have any unused building sets/kits (wood building kits, Connex, etc.) that are taking up space, we would love to include them in out student MakerSpace.
- “Take it apart” – we are looking for 8 or 9 old electronic pieces (cameras. VCR’s, tape players, etc.) that students can explore dismantling and exploring how they work. Please email Mr. Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org) before you bring any items into the school.
- Chopped Leaf Hot lunch is on Monday November 26. Online ordering ends tonight Sunday Nov 18. If you can volunteer please sign up with link. www.volunteersignup.org/YY7FW
- Mark your calendar for Monday November 19 PAC meeting. 6:30pm and we have childminding.
- Poinsettia, Planters and Wreath orders are due this Thursday Nov 22. Pick up is Dec 3 and 4th. All profit will go towards the playground addition. Can you help with organizing the orders? Sign up here www.volunteersignup.org/TRJQ8
- Purdy Chocolate Orders are due Tuesday Nov 27.
- Cambridge students sold 322 Entertainment books for a profit of $3864. All money will go to the playground fund. Liam U wins the prize pack, Ellia E wins the family pass to the Urban Safari for most books sold, Ms Dy’s class wins a presentation from the Urban Safari for trip selling primary class, Ms Padam’s class wins a class Pizza Party for top selling Intermediate class and Alexander Y wins lunch with Mr. Nelson and a friend. Thank you to all those who sold books.
- Volunteer help is needed and always appreciated! Daytime and evening options
Hot Lunch Nov. 26: www.volunteersignup.org/YY7FW
Bake Sale Nov. 27 : www.volunteersignup.org/XL7TH
Hot Lunch Dec. 3: www.volunteersignup.org/XEPQT
Book Fair Dec 3-6:(evening) www.volunteersignup.org/HYQBM
Poinsettia Help Dec. 3: www.volunteersignup.org/TRJQ8
Purdy’s sorting help Dec. 6 (evening): https://www.volunteersignup.org/ERBAP
Hot Lunch Dec. 10: www.volunteersignup.org/YQD7M
Hot Lunch Jan. 11: www.volunteersignup.org/WPXR7
Hot Lunch Jan. 29: www.volunteersignup.org/TARWD
The PAC is very excited to partner with our new local BMO branch. When you open a free children’s bank account and deposit $25, BMO will deposit $25 (in Dec) into your child’s account. They will then give the playground addition fund $25. If 100 children’s accounts are opened they will double their donation of $2,500 to $5,000! The branch welcomes walk ins but to ensure they can help you right away you can call the branch and make an appointment. 778-303-9881. The number on the poster is the direct line (Mon- Fri) to Kim Gill, the Branch manager. You can leave her a message to also set up an appointment. All you need to bring is your ID as well as 2 pieces of ID for your child.
Allyson, Taryn, Jaime and Miriam
Dates to Remember 2018_19 (PDF)
19-PAC Mtg @ 6:30pm
3-4-Parent FreshGrade Interaction Time
3-7-Scholastic Book Fair
14-PAC X-Mas Waffle Cone Decorating
19-Winter Sing-A-Long Assemblies
21-PAC Pancake Breakfast
21-Last Day of School before Winter Break
24 to January 4-Winter Break
7-First Day of School 2018
16-PAC Mtg @ 6:30pm
25-Challenge Day #2
18-Family Day – Classes not in session
22-Non-Instructional Day – Classes not in session for students
27-PAC Mtg @ 6pm
11-15-FreshGrade Check In Week
12-Running Club Begins
14-Early Dismissal @ 1:27pm (Parent/Teacher/Student Conferences)
18-29-Spring Break – Classes not in session
8-Ministry of Education Curriculum Day – Classes not in session
15-PAC Mtg @ 6:30pm
19-Good Friday – Classes not in session
22-Easter Monday – Classes not in session
3-Non-Instructional Day – Classes not in session for students
17-Challenge Day #3
20-Victoria Day – Classes not in session
27-Non-Instructional Day – Classes not in session for students
28-30-Welcome to Kindergarten Orientation
29-PAC AGM Mtg @ 6:30pm
7- Sports Day
11-Parent Appreciation Tea
21-Grade7 Farewell Assembly
26-Year End Assemblies
27-Last Day of School
28-Administration Day – Classes not in session for students