- HALLOWEEN EXPECTATIONS AND SAFETY
- MAKERSPACE ITEMS NEEDED
- IMAGES FROM THE WEEK
- QUOTE OF THE WEEK
- PAC NEWS
Halloween is a fun and exciting time for students and October 31st is just around the corner. Here are some quick reminders about Halloween at Cambridge Elementary and some reminders for A safe Halloween night in the community:
- Expectations for student behaviour (SAFE, THOUGHTFUL, ACCOUNTABLE, RESPECTFUL) apply each and every day, at school and on the way to and from school.
- October 31 is a school day and is therefore a day of learning.
- Weapons or weapon replicas are not permitted at school at any time.
- Costumes or masks that may be offensive or frightening to our youngest learners are not permitted. Masks can only be worn in class or for the parade but are not permitted outside. If you are uncertain whether a costume is appropriate or not, please ask your child’s teacher.
- A costume parade will take place for students in Kindergarten to Grade 3, on Wednesday, October 31 at 12:45 p.m in the gym. Parents are welcome!
Cambridge Elementary is turning our Learning Lab into a MakerSpace. What is it you might be asking? It is a space for students to design, create, innovate, problem solve, hypothesize, and “Make” things that they are interested in exploring.
We are asking our community for help to outfit our MakerSpace, If you have any of the following items and would like to donate them to our program, please drop them off at the office:
- Arts & Crafts Supplies – knitting, croquet needles, yarn, cotton fabric, buttons, fabric scissors, ribbon, needle point, embroidery hoops, etc.
- Lego – we are starting a LEGO Club in our Learning Lab and would welcome any donations or Lego that your are looking to donate.
- Building sets/collections – If you have any unused building sets/kits (wood building kits, Connex, etc.) that are taking up space, we would love to include them in out student MakerSpace.
- “Take it apart” – we are looking for 8 or 9 old electronic pieces (cameras. VCR’s, tape players, etc.) that students can explore dismantling and exploring how they work. Please email Mr. Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org) before you bring any items into the school.
BRILLIANCE & RESILIENCE SCHOOL ASSEMBLY: We had a special guest, Steve Harmar, join our school last week to speak with students about building resilience. His presentation took the form of a Magic Show and was thoroughly enjoyed by all.
READING UNDER THE STARS: Thank you to Ms. Turner, for organizing a fun filled opportunity for student to read under the stars in the gym with their buddies.
GRADE 4 BICYCLE SAFETY PROGRAM: The City of Surrey provided our grade 4 students with a cycling education program to encourage kids and families to use active transportation to get to and from school. HUB Cycling, a charitable non-profit worked with students in an engaging, interactive 2-day course taught by trained instructors to build students’ cycling knowledge, skills, road safety and confidence.
We are selling Samosa’s from Samosa Garden Bakery. Deadline for orders is 2:30pm Thursday Nov 1. Pickup is Tuesday Nov 6. Pick up at school til 4pm or we can send home with your child.
Campaign has ended! All unsold books and book orders need to go to the classroom and from there they will be brought to the office to be recorded/processed ASAP!
Please return all books ASAP!
Fresh Street Bagged Hot Lunch is Monday November 5. Please order by Sunday October 28
Dates to Remember 2018_19 (PDF)
8-Remembrance Day Assemblies – 9:00 a.m.& 10:45am
8-Early Dismissal @ 1:27pm (Parent/Teacher/Student Conferences)
9-Non-Instructional Day – Classes not in session for students
12-Remembrance Day – Classes not in session
14-Student Photo Retakes
19-PAC Mtg @ 6:30pm
3-4-Parent FreshGrade Interaction Time
3-7-Scholastic Book Fair
14-PAC X-Mas Waffle Cone Decorating
19-Winter Sing-A-Long Assemblies
21-PAC Pancake Breakfast
21-Last Day of School before Winter Break
24 to January 4-Winter Break
7-First Day of School 2018
16-PAC Mtg @ 6:30pm
25-Challenge Day #2
18-Family Day – Classes not in session
22-Non-Instructional Day – Classes not in session for students
27-PAC Mtg @ 6pm
11-15-FreshGrade Check In Week
12-Running Club Begins
14-Early Dismissal @ 1:27pm (Parent/Teacher/Student Conferences)
18-29-Spring Break – Classes not in session
8-Ministry of Education Curriculum Day – Classes not in session
15-PAC Mtg @ 6:30pm
19-Good Friday – Classes not in session
22-Easter Monday – Classes not in session
3-Non-Instructional Day – Classes not in session for students
17-Challenge Day #3
20-Victoria Day – Classes not in session
27-Non-Instructional Day – Classes not in session for students
28-30-Welcome to Kindergarten Orientation
29-PAC AGM Mtg @ 6:30pm
7- Sports Day
11-Parent Appreciation Tea
21-Grade7 Farewell Assembly
26-Year End Assemblies
27-Last Day of School
28-Administration Day – Classes not in session for students