IN THIS ISSUE:(click CONTINUE READING below to access links)
- YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS MARKETPLACE
- IMPORTANT INFO. & UPCOMING EVENTS
- PAC NEWS
- TRACK & FIELD PRACTICES – DISTRICT TRACK MEET
- IMAGES FROM THE WEEK
On May 31st, students from Mr. O. Stemler, Mr. D. Morrison, Mrs. N. Minhas & Mrs. S. Lim’s class culminated a multi week unit where students had fun discovering their passions, talents and interests as they explored the world of business. They gained hands-on experience and discovered that entrepreneurship is a skill set that can add to their success in all areas of life. They built confidence in their abilities and developed practical skills such as critical thinking, communications and creative thinking. These intermediate young entrepreneurs developed business plans, completed market research, created products and prepared marketing materials. The enterprising students then showcased their achievements and earned real money at a school wide Marketplace on May 31st where almost ever classroom came by for a shopping experience. The Young Entrepreneurs also donated a portion of their profits to charity, helping them learn about the importance of social responsibility. The following video is a quick fly by of the different business ventures.
Thank you to all of the parents & guardians (we had approximately 125) who joined us over four days from May 30th – June 2nd for Kindergarten Orientation. While our new learners had a chance to pair up with some of our current K students and explore different activities, the adults has a chance to meet with Mr. Nelson & Ms. Vogstad. The PowerPoint presentation slides can be found below.
COMMUNICATING STUDENT LEARNING – YOUR FEEDBACK IS IMPORTANT!
Teachers at our school and around the Surrey School District and beyond have been learning about new ways of communicating student learning with parents. Our goal continues to be improving how we communicate with you while promoting student ownership. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to complete the survey below, sharing your perspectives regarding how student learning is communicated to parents in Surrey. The information gathered will help us better understand what you find most important to know about your child’s learning and ways we can continue to improve our communication with you.
Parent Survey: www.bit.ly/sd36parents
The Creative Children school supply deadline is June 6/17. Payment can be made online or thru the office (additional order forms are available at the counter). Orders can be placed after the deadline, by logging on to www.creativepacks.ca online, but may be subject to a late fee. Packs are delivered to the school in time for distribution after the start of school.
Parents can also access the school supply lists for each grade that are posted on the school website.
• Please join us this Tuesday June 6 at 6:30pm in the Learning Lab for the PAC AGM. Childminding is available. If you are interested in nominating someone or yourself for a PAC Executive role please email email@example.com before the end of Monday June 5.
• Friday June 16 is Pizza Hut lunch that will be enjoyed during Sports Day. Please order on cambridgepac.hotlunches.net by Friday June 9. Parents are welcome to order to order a pizza for themselves if they are attending Sports Day. If you are able to help with lunch distribution to classrooms please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Staff of Cambridge were very appreciative of their delicious PAC sponsored lunch catered by New York New York Greek Restaurant enjoyed during their Professional Development Day on May 29. Thank you to the volunteers for setting up and cleaning up.
• Thank you to everyone who donated baking or sent $ with your child for the Bake Sale on May 23. The sale raised $865.60. Thank you to our volunteers who came to sell the goodies.
Your PAC Exec team (Jaime, Allyson, Taryn)
The District Track & Field Meet takes place on Wednesday, June 7th at Bear Creek Park. You can see the schedule for day here. Thank you to Ms. Steeves & Ms. Ineson for organizing the Track & Field program and the team for the District Track Meet.
6 – PAC AGM meeting @ 6:30pm
7 – District Track Meet
13- Parent Tea
16 – Sports Day
23 – Grade 7 Celebration – 9:00 a.m.
28 – Year End assembly & Gr.7 band concert
29 – Last day of classes
29 – Student Learning Communications sent home
29 – Early dismissal @ 1:30 p.m.
30 – Administration Day – Classes not in session for students