Any great photos from your May long weekend that you would like to share in the blog next week? Email one or two to Cambridgelearns@gmail.com
IN THIS ISSUE:(click CONTINUE READING below to access links)
- UP-CYCLED JUNK ART CHALLENGE DAY
- IMPORTANT INFO. & UPCOMING EVENTS
- PAC NEWS
- TRACK & FIELD PRACTICES – WEEK #4
- IMAGES FROM THE WEEK
UP-CYCLED JUNK ART CHALLENGE DAY
On May 19th, Cambridge hosted its 3rd challenge this year and the creativity was flowing! Students from all grades brought in a variety of materials from home that could be “Up-Cycled” to create new pieces of original art. Throughout the morning classes hummed with creativity, imagination and problem solving as student projects began to take their creative shape. In the afternoon, classes took a gallery walk around Cambridge to view projects from the different grade levels. It was a fun day for all. Below is quick tour of the many student projects.
COMMUNICATING STUDENT LEARNING – YOUR FEEDBACK IS IMPORTANT!
Teachers at our school and around the Surrey School District and beyond have been learning about new ways of communicating student learning with parents. Our goal continues to be improving how we communicate with you while promoting student ownership. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to complete the survey below, sharing your perspectives regarding how student learning is communicated to parents in Surrey. The information gathered will help us better understand what you find most important to know about your child’s learning and ways we can continue to improve our communication with you.
Parent Survey: www.bit.ly/sd36parents
Missing some clothing? Our LOST & FOUND clothing bin continues to overflow
with beautiful jackets, gloves, toques, hats, pants and shorts. If you have noticed, during laundry time, that a piece (or two) of your child’s favourite clothing is missing, come on in to our
primary open area where all items will be organized along the hallways for your viewing.
Moving homes or schools? If so, please let our office staff know so that we can update your contact information. If you are planning to enrol your child in a different school for September, please let the office know as soon as possible. We have a process that needs to be followed to ensure that your child has a smooth transition into their new school.
• Subway is the PAC Lunch on Tuesday May 23.
• The Playground Fundraising bake sale will take place on Tuesday May 23. Please support this playground equipment fundraiser by bringing baked or purchased goods (nut free) to the Learning lab at morning drop off. Send your children with a few $’s to buy a treat or 2!
• Mark your calendars for Tuesday June 6 at 6:30pm. It’s the PAC AGM! We need at least 10 parents to join us to make a voting quorum. Come out and see what’s happening with the PAC! We will have child-minding so please join us.
• Teacher/Staff appreciation lunch is being hosted during the Pro D Day on Monday May 29. If you can volunteer for an hour or 2 please email the PAC at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your PAC Executive Team (Jaime, Allyson and Taryn)
Track & Field practices are entering the fourth week and will run through until the first week of June according to the following schedule:
You can find all of the important details regarding Track & Field in the notice that was sent home with students or here –> Track and Field 2017
29 – Non-Instructional Day – Classes not in session for students
29 – Staff Appreciation Lunch hosted by PAC
16 – Sports Day
23 – Grade7 Celebration – 9:00 a.m.
29 – Last day of classes
29 – Student Learning Communications sent home
29 – Early dismissal @ 1:30 p.m.
30 – Administration Day – Classes not in session for students