IN THIS ISSUE:(click CONTINUE READING below to access links)
- ORGANIZATION AND STUDENT PLACEMENT 2017/2018
- IMPORTANT INFO. & UPCOMING EVENTS
- PAC NEWS
- TRACK & FIELD AT CAMBRIDGE
We are already beginning to plan for a successful 2017/18 school year. Staff assignments and class placements, during some years, are not decided until enrolment has been confirmed during the first week of school in September. Placement of students in classes is a very time consuming process and much thought, time and effort goes into these decisions. Ultimately we work on placing students in the best learning environment to suit their specific needs and consider the following criteria:
- student intellectual, social and emotional development
- learning styles and strengths of students
- integration of students with special needs
- degree of independence in student work habits
- students who do/do not work well together
- maintaining appropriate class size and composition
If you feel your child requires special consideration when we make placements for classes please put your request in writing, outlining the program you feel would best meet your child’s academic and social needs, and email it to Shaun Nelson at (email@example.com) by May 24, 2017. Please note that specific teacher requests will not be considered. As well, please do not request for your child to be placed with specific friends. Friends can always see each other at recess, lunch or after school.
With the trust and support of home, we are confident that all children will be placed in classes that will allow them to have a productive and rewarding 2017/18 school year. Your patience and understanding regarding this matter is greatly appreciated.
Ready, Set Learn for 3, 4 and 5 year old preschoolers. Please share this information with anyone you know in the Cambridge community who has a preschool age child. Register in advance by phoning the school at 604-596-4036.
Ministry of Education Resource: Helping your preschooler get ready for school
Missing some clothing? Our LOST & FOUND clothing bin continues to overflow
with beautiful jackets, gloves, toques, hats, pants and shorts. If you have noticed, during laundry time, that a piece (or two) of your child’s favourite clothing is missing, come on in to our
primary open area where all items will be organized along the hallways for your viewing.
Kindergarten registration is well underway! If you have not registered your child for September, please visit our office staff as soon as you can. Feel free to share this information with your friends that may have Kindergarten aged children starting school in September.
Moving homes or schools? If so, please let our office staff know so that we can update your contact information. If you are planning to enrol your child in a different school for September, please let the office know as soon as possible. We have a process that needs to be followed to ensure that your child has a smooth transition into their new school.
• Community Poker night on Saturday May 6! Organized by some Cambridge Parents to have a fun night out as well as raise funds for the Cambridge playground addition. Please see the notice that came home with your child or the note that was also emailed from your class parent.
• Spring Flower Playground Fundraiser:
Thank you to everyone that supported this fundraiser by ordering. Pick up is on Monday May 8. We will keep you posted on the time.
• The Teacher Appreciation Lunch is on Monday May 29 and we are looking for some volunteers to help set up and serve our teachers and staff lunch. Please email the PAC at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
Your PAC Exec Team (Jaime, Taryn and Allyson)
Track & Field practices begin Monday, May 1st and run through until the first week of June according to the following schedule:
You can find all of the important details regarding Track & Field in the notice that was sent home with students or here –> Track and Field 2017
May 11th – Mini Meet #1
May 17th – Mini Meet #2
5 – Non-Instructional Day – Classes not in session for students
11-12 – Fine Arts Workshop and Presentation – Milton Randall (Drumming) – 9 a.m.
19 – Challenge Day #3
22 – Victoria Day – Classes not in session
23 – PAC Meeting – 6:30pm in the Learning Lab
29 – Non-Instructional Day – Classes not in session for students
29 – Staff Appreciation Lunch hosted by PAC
16 – Sports Day
23 – Grade7 Celebration – 9:00 a.m.
29 – Last day of classes
29 – Student Learning Communications sent home
29 – Early dismissal @ 1:30 p.m.
30 – Administration Day – Classes not in session for students