June 24, 2016

Dear Cambridge Families,

Another year has come to an end. Where did the time go? Thanks for all you do to make the Cambridge community one that I am proud to call my own. I appreciate the many gifts, cards, and well-wishes.

It’s always hard to say good-bye, especially to our Grade 7 students who are moving on to the adventure of high school or to staff members who are off to travel down new roads. But yesterday, it was particularly more difficult to say good-bye because of the news that I must share with you today. I have been appointed as the District Principal for Communicating Student Learning as of August 1 and will therefore not be returning as Cambridge Principal in September. The appointment was made official by the Surrey Schools Board of Education early last evening and so I was unable to share this information earlier and say a proper good-bye. I am sorry that I could not have shared this news with you before now. It would certainly not have been any easier.

Please know that I love Cambridge and I completely intended to enjoy the next 3 or 4 years here. Cambridge has been a gift to me! However, ongoing growth in Surrey Schools and a resulting restructuring within the organization have resulted in new positions needing to be filled. As school leaders, it is the expectation that we step into these roles to serve the District and of course, your children.

Cambridge is not one person. Cambridge is special because of our students, our staff, and you. I am proud of the path that Ms. Vogstad, our staff, and I have set our school on and I know that with continued hard work and a commitment to innovation, the learning at Cambridge will continue to be special and attract attention. In my new role, I will have the responsibility to work with others to bring clarity to how we collect and share information regarding student learning. I look forward to visiting many schools, but I particularly look forward to visiting Cambridge often … perhaps even helping you across the crosswalk before or after school.

I am currently working with the District to offer input regarding your new Principal. I do not have information regarding this appointment yet, but I will share news when it becomes available.

I am sorry that our time together was so short, but it was a wonderful time for me. You and the Cambridge community will always have a truly special place in my heart.

With respect and gratitude,

Mr. Vendramin

“I will always remember the time we spent together!”

17 thoughts on “June 24, 2016

1. Neeru says:

It’s sad news for us but if the position is good for your career then we are happy for you. Will miss you Mr. Vendramin

2. All I said when I read this was “OH NO!!!!!” It is so sad to wish you goodbye Mr. Vendramin. The kids are going to miss you soooo much. Not to mention the parents.

3. Erin Calwell says:

Congratulations Mr. Vendramin on the promotion! You were an amazing principle to our kids, you will be missed. Wishing you all the best in your next adventure.

4. Dezzerie Brisley says:

Even though this post was unexpected, we have to admit that we are not surprised that you have been given this amazing opportunity. You will definitely be missed by the parents, staff and students of Cambridge and not easily replaced. Thank you so much for helping make our school a place where our kids love to learn.

Wishing you all the best in your future endeavours,
    Dezzerie, Roger And Nathan Brisley

5. Kim, Robert, Spencer Laing says:

Mr. Vendramin, we will really, really, really, really miss you, says Spencer, and I am sad. We love how kind of a heart you have. Thanks for caring and leading us! Cheers, Kim, Robert, Spencer and little Rylan Laing

6. Carla Streifel says:

Oh Mr. Vendramin, we will miss you so much! Congrats on the new position and thank you for all you’ve done!!!!

7. sandra says:

Your leadership is exemplary and inspirational! We’re so grateful to have had you in our lives, Thank You.
    Congratulations – as you blaze progressive paths for our children’s future. You’re awesome, and we’ve been fortunate. All the very best to you Antonio!

8. Bev says:

Oh no! Happy for you but really sad to hear the news Mr. Vendramin. You’re going to leave behind some big shoes to fill in terms of being an amazing leader of the school. Your leadership was that of true influence and through role modeling which is a mark of a true leader. I knew you were an amazing principal at Cambridge and kind of not surprised about your promotion…but sad it happened so soon for selfish reasons!! All the best in your future endeavors Mr Vendramin and we are going to truly miss you!!😊😔🙂

9. Jamie says:

Congratulations on your new appointment Antonio. Cooper was so very lucky to get to experience Cambridge with your thoughtful and precise leadership! As he reflected on Thursday about moving onto high school, the one thing he said he would miss most was…you! We were truly so very lucky to have been with you over the past two years. You should also know that you have inspired and taught Cooper in so many ways. He uses you as a great reference of how to connect with others and how to be a leader in a group of people by building a community. Brent and I thank you for that! Thanks for being a Cambridge Star!

• Wow…this is a great compliment coming from a student like Cooper. I will always enjoy or memories of volleyball and basketball…of drones…and of Grade 7 adventures at camp and the 30-Hour famine.

Thank you…thank you!!!!

10. Pauline Kloyber says:

So sad to hear this! You brought such energy and joy to your role! Very tough shoes to fill. We are sad to see you go but hope for you that your new role will be fulfilling and rewarding! You will be greatly missed. ~ The Kloyber Family

• To wonderful parents of wonderful children…thank you for the kind words. I will always remember my morning announcements together with Noah… “Good Morning Cambridge!!!”

Antonio

11. Gwen Franco says:

Congratulations on celebrating this wonderful new beginning Mr Vendramin! This is an opportunity to explore new challenges and new opportunities. We were so blessed to have had you as our leader at Cambridge.

“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of people and the affection of children… to leave the world a better place… to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”
    Ralph Waldo Emerson